The Steffi Nossen Dance Foundation needs your help to ensure the future of quality dance education and performance in Westchester. Regardless of age, ability, or financial means, we believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to benefit from this transformative art form.
Contributions are tax deductible. Please make out checks to:
Steffi Nossen Dance Foundation
Mail to: Steffi Nossen School of Dance
216 Central Avenue, White Plains, NY 10606
The SNDF receives support in the following ways:
1. Corporate Support: Opportunities are available on a variety of levels and can be customized to suit your organization’s needs. Join such esteemed partners as Macy’s, Target, Stanley Black & Decker, the Xerox Foundation, and others who demonstrate their support for community access to the arts through generous grants to the SNDF.
2. Individual Support: The value of your contribution can be seen in the look of joy on the faces in our audiences and felt in the passion of our dancers for their art form and work in the community. Your employer may offer a matching gift program for doubling or even tripling your donation.
3. Scholarship and development funds:
a. Kathryn K. Wolfe Heritage Fund: This fund has been created to honor the memory of Kathryn K. Wolfe (1945- 2012).
Kathy touched every facet of this organization, starting as a student at age six at Murray Avenue School in Larchmont. She went on to be a Steffi Nossen Dance Company member and officer, was Steffi’s Assistant, and our first Executive Director. The proud mother of Michael and Sharon, a beautiful Company dancer, she served on the Board of Directors for 22 years, and as Board Chairperson for 15 of these years. Kathy’s energy, creativity, wisdom, and compassion were instrumental in carrying forth Steffi’s vision. We are immensely grateful for her many years of dedicated service. Kathy met challenges with enthusiasm, intelligence and indomitable spirit. She brought out the best in everyone she met. We hope to continue her legacy.
The Kathryn K. Wolfe Heritage Fund will support endeavors which focus on preserving the history of the Steffi Nossen Dance Foundation/Steffi Nossen School of Dance and carry its mission into the future. Inaugural activities will include research and preservation of archival materials and the funding of new Outreach initiatives.
b. The Debbie Heidecorn Scholarship Fund: Created in 2004 to honor Debbie’s contributions as a parent, board member and Executive Director, this fund awards assistance to promising dancers with financial need, allowing them to pursue their aspirations through advanced study.
c. Polly’s Girls and Boys: A recent fund launched in 2011 by an alumna to honor of teacher, Polly Kingsbury, for her positive influence and dedication to her students for 34 years.
d. Nancy Lushington Artistic Development Fund: Was created to honor Nancy for her 18 years of service as Artistic Driector, teacher and choreographer. The Fund supports:
i. Choreographic commissions, showings, rehearsal space grants
ii. Original music scores, live music in performances
iii. Costume design and production
iv. Broadening offering of World Dance Forms
4. Annual Appeal: Provides general support for all programs fostered by the organization, running at the end of each calendar year.
5. Benefit Performance: An annual benefit performance, held at the Performing Arts Center at SUNY Purchase in early Spring features the school’s top ensembles, including the pre-professional Steffi Nossen Dance Company. A Cocktail Receptions and Silent Auction precede the performance.
6. Grants: We gratefully acknowledge the vital support of ArtsWestchester with funds from Westchester County.
7. Now when you shop through AmazonSmile, you can support Steffi Nossen Dance Foundation at the same time! Simply go to smile.amazon.com and pick Steffi Nossen as your chosen charity. A small amount of any purchase price will be donated to Steffi Nossen. AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know, with the same products, prices and Amazon Prime benefits.
Generations of dancers have expressed appreciation for the special place that this organization has played in their lives. Indeed many children and grandchildren of Steffi Dancers and faculty attend our school today, receiving not only the highest quality dance instruction, but participating fully in this unique dance community.
We hope that all who have been touched by our organization will, as Steffi Nossen said, feel dance within them all their lives.
Are you interested in supporting the Steffi Nossen Dance Foundation?