Building confidence, fostering intelligence, inspiring creativity and encouraging expression — the Steffi Nossen School of Dance nurtures artists, one dancer at a time.
The Steffi Nossen Method features a uniform and sequential curriculum based in modern dance that is designed to develop individual creativity while placing an emphasis on technique and proper body alignment. Our experienced faculty fosters the joy of dance along with its inherent discipline, training professionals and recreational dancers alike with equal encouragement and enthusiasm. In addition to our modern dance core curriculum, we also offer ballet, jazz, tap, hip hop, yoga and composition as well as classes for those with special needs.
Our strong educational model focuses on building character, self-esteem and skills that will last a lifetime, in our supportive, inclusive environment. Students develop grace and physical fitness, build confidence and poise, experience the creative process and build lasting friendships. Classes also feature live music to enhance our dancers’ musicality, promote a collaborative atmosphere and allow faculty greater flexibility in teaching.
Classes are organized in the following way:
1. Core (Age-based): Our sequential program teaches the foundations of modern, ballet, jazz, hip hop, and tap dance. Formally called Core Curriculum, nearly all of these classes perform in our Children’s Shows at the end of the school year.
2. Level-based technique classes: Technique classes in modern, ballet, and jazz, placement is at the teacher’s discretion.
3. Performing Groups and Master Classes: Ensembles in a variety of dance styles geared toward different ages and abilities.
4. Summer Programs: Week-long intensive classes designed to develop technique in a fun and relaxed atmosphere. Courses structured for varying skill levels and age groups from ages 3 and up. Master series, adaptive dance intensive, and classes for student with special needs.
5. Private Instruction: Instruction/coaching for individuals and small groups is available with professional faculty. Contact us to discuss a program that meets your needs.